Sunday, October 4, 2015

On Thinking And On Purpose


Lots of people are asking "Why?" all the time. I listen to some of them. And I'm in the same boat. Why is life the way it is? Why do people do the things they do? Why don't people do the things they 'should'?

It's a sweet rainy morning, cool outside as fall is upon us. Some people don't like when it rains. Is it odd to wish the lifecycle of rain, which replenishes our drinking water supplies, and bring life to so many living things that we depend on, would end, or minimize itself?

I love the rain. I like to think what it would feel like to be a tree... standing tall in the rain, feeling that life-giving moisture splashing on my leaves and trickling down my bark to me thirsty roots.

But sometimes we get too much rain in a short period of time. And the life energy of the rain starts to overwhelm the life energy of the civilizations upon which it falls. And then people start asking why. 

***

I write when I can, and I run when I must. So if it seems like I've left off in the middle of a thought, I'll be back to finish it later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Please keep it civil.